Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Time flies when you have none of it.

Hey family!

I don't have much time to write this week, because I have to finish up some stuff for school that's due in a couple weeks (aka a couple days missionary time because of pdays) but here a few of the fun things that have happened :)

This week at the Visitors Center has been so different. It has been the first week that has been significantly slow. There are only like 5-6 families that come in during one shift, which is SOOO strange and different from when I got here. In July, there would be 700-800 people coming in each day, and now it's around 150 people. But it is so great because there is so much time to study which is such a blessing.   

This week we have been focused on getting all of our teaching records and paperwork inputted in the iPad which is... So fun. Haha, but it really is a blessing to be able to go through all of the old and current investigators in the area. It is really helping us to know our area so much better. Last week and the next two weeks, we are still trying to spend 2 hours a day working on it. 

Back to the visitors center though.. There was the CUTEST couple that came through the VC the other day. They are from São Paulo Brazil and are the managers of the Brazil MTC. They joined the church when they were 16 and 18 years old and it has been their dream to come to independence since then and they finally were able to come. They were just so happy to be here. I wish I could describe them better to you all in an email.. The most humble, kind, loving people. They wanted to film the entire tour so they could take their institute class on a "tour" through the VC. #presh I grabbed a Portuguese Book of Mormon from the Book of Mormon table on our way down to do the history tour so I could share the scriptures I wanted to in their language. The wife got so excited when she found out. Ahh, I love the VC and all the people we get to meet that come in. 

image1.JPG

And speaking of visitors that i love that come into the visitors center.. SUMMER! 
She came to visit on her way back up to school. And wow. It made my day. It was soo good to see her :)



She even played in the cabin with me.. Hehe. Jk,   BUT she did let me give her more than one hug, my roommates will all know the miracle that that is :)



ALSO, speaking of another highlight of the week, I introduced the Willis House to cookie logs :) happy to announce they all fell in love with it. It was worth guarding the cookie dough for a week from my companion ;) 

image4.JPG

And .5 seconds later.... Gone. 



Yesterday we got to see Kyle at the VC. He is getting ready to be baptized in a couple weeks and we can't wait! :)

All the VC sisters went to waffle Wednesday breakfast at the Torontos house! They are the directors of the VC and the Liberty jail. 


Sister Hansen and I went to this place in the square that has all these different types of hot dogs and I got a Hawaiian hot dog. Haha who knew those even existed. 



And now to today! PDAY! It was soo great. We found e cutest little old soda fountain shop and ice cream parlor on the square. Family... I'm taking you here. Their sundaes are TO DIE FOR. and I like I already emailed to yall, they have frosties there :) so Texas Fam... Life is good here :) just patiently waiting for bluebell 



Oh ALSO! I don't know how I forgot, but once again, miracles happen. Yesterday we were fasting for one of our investigators and so many prayers were answered. Ahh! It's so hard to describe miracles like this and just stories in general in an email, but know that your Heavenly Father loves you and is aware of your needs, feelings, and desires. He never ceases to amaze me. He answers every single prayer. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have and we all have to have the help of our Heavenly Father in our lives. Guys, (even though we aren't allowed to use that word in the VC. Hah #sistermissionaryproblems) this gospel brings so much happiness to everyone's lives. I LOVE being able to share it with the people here and the people that come into the VC. Lives are changed because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. And miracles happen. 

I love you all so much. Don't forget to pray each morning and night everyone :)



Sister Morgan

0 comments:

Post a Comment