Monday, August 3, 2015

2 months!

Hello family,

So many thoughts for you all this week. 
I just wish I could share with you everything that goes on here each week along with everything that I have learned, but it really would be impossible to do that. 
But, fortunately, every single one of us has the opportunity to learn just as much through the Spirit. We can each learn from our Father in Heaven what we are supposed to be doing in our lives as individuals. What a blessing that is. I can't even begin to describe how incredible this Gospel is. 

I am so looking forward to this Thursday when we have the opportunity to teach the Young Women in mutual about missionary work. It is something that stuck out to me after hearing their testimonies after they went on a church history tour. I may have already said this a couple of weeks ago, but the youth of the church are incredible.  Just reading emails from my sissies about efy, girls camp, and missionary experiences that they've had truly shows that better than me just saying that does. And hearing the testimonies of the youth was and always is life changing. I want every youth and every single person on the earth to have that fire. That fire for the truth and the Gospel. It changes lives. 

As my companion and I have been studying for this mutual activity, which is so important to us, we both have thought that it would be so important to just teach them principles in the Gospel before we talk about how to share it, etc. So that is what we are doing. I am so stoked. 
We are going to teach them about the Plan of Salvation and how necessary it is in everyone's life and how much we NEED our Savior. God's whole plan for us on this earth is centered around Jesus Christ. We need Him. 

Ah! I am getting so pumped just typing this out. Again, it is truly impossible to tell you all everything right now but I just want each and every one of you to know that your Heavenly Father has a plan for you. You are loved. And you are here to find that plan that he has for you. I was reading in Helaman the other day and these two verses really stuck out to me.

 Helaman 14:30-31.  (Go look them up)
We are all given agency. As I was reading that, I was really understanding how important agency really is. And how that shows how much Heavenly Father loves us. He wants us to be happy so deeply that He is willing to let us choose where we want to be after this life. Obviously, He wants us to return to live with Him and have eternal life, but He and our Savior want us to want that as well. How incredible is that!? 

Use that agency. Choose to do good. Choose to learn more of your Savior. Choose to accept Him and follow Him. Make the decisions and choices necessary in this life that you will be able to have the opportunity to hear Him praise you for your life here when that time comes. 

I love you all so much. I can't even begin to say how much. 

So anyways, I hope you enjoyed that little sneak peek into my thoughts. Haha. This gospel is just so so amazing. 

And if you care to keep reading about how my week went... Ha

The trailer park neighborhood seems to be our favorite because we somehow happen to be here everyday. Haha. It really is great though. And this is a cute little puppy we were so tempted to take home with us the other day. It was so crazy and cute. I fell in love. 

We are in the process of teaching a few people in that neighborhood right now. It is so awesome to witness miracles in other people's lives. Getting to see people change because of this gospel is such a blessing. 

We had a a mid-training conference meeting this week (apparently normally it's a conference call). They are having some people train new missionaries this transfer that have only been out 6 weeks because President is trying to increase the experience of the mission quickly because these next three transfers, we are losing 90 missionaries and getting 90 new missionaries. The meeting was so so good. I honestly can't remember too much what the training was about, but the Spirit was so strong. We learned so much about the Savior's life and His Atonement.

Oh, and yes, transfers are this week. So this next transfer, my p-day will be on Tuesday!

Saturday, we helped out with a baptism of two kids in our ward. It was so fun. And exciting to see their excitement. I wish I remembered my baptism more! Haha

Today, Willis House got together and had breakfast together. Sister Helmbold and Marshall made us all French toast. I love these girls so much. It has been such a tender mercy to be able to live with all of them this transfer and get to know them so well. VC life is the best. 


My mind is running blank on what else happened this week... Haha. The weeks go by way too fast here. Can you believe I've already been out 2 months!?!  Crazy stuff. 

Anyways, I hope you all have a fantastic week. Don't forget to read your scriptures, especially the Book of Mormon, and pray every single day :) I'm being serious though, do it. 

Jesus Christ, our Savior, lives. 

WATCH THIS VIDEO. It plays on loop at the VC at one of the displays. So sometimes I find the song make an appearance in my dreams ... And oops.. Sometimes in my prayers. Haha but it is truly amazing. As you watch it, think of your Savior and think of everything He has done for you and what He continues to do for you each and every day. 
Love,
Sister Morgan

0 comments:

Post a Comment