Monday, December 7, 2015

where in the world am I going this transfer? -said every missionary every six weeks

Hello family! Another transfer down.. Craziness. These last six months
have flown by. I seriously feel like I just stepped off the plane
yesterday.
We find out what is happening this transfer Tuesday night, while we are in shift at the visitors center! I got a training call on Friday afternoon. I swear I must not be learning enough, because President wants to keep me in 12 week my whole mission. Haha. Good thing I love
it! Ha.
So a little sneak peak into the life of a sister missionaries at the visitors center during transfer time ... When you are always low on sleep ..



Ha.. I don't quite know how to describe this picture and what happened that night but I'll just say that transfers are a very exciting, nervous, sad, happy, crazy time for missionaries.   My transfer prediction: I'll be going to the Liberty Jail to follow up train one of the missionaries there. But... We shall see! 

I am superrrr sad to probably be leaving. I love 4th Ward, I love my companion, and I love the visitors center but I'm looking forward to everything that the Lord has in store for me this next transfer. 

As far as this week goes... I want to first share a scripture with you all that I read this morning during studies that I LOVE.  Alma 27:18.  "Now was this exceeding joy? Behold, this is joy which none receiveth save it be the truly penitent and humble seekers of happiness."  

I love the happiness that this gospel brings and I will always strive to be that "humble seeker of happiness". It takes giving up our own pride to accept and live the gospel and to rely on Christ for everything and to only do His will but like that scripture says, that is how we have exceeding great joy. I testify that the reason why missionaries are always so happy and why every returned missionary LOVED their mission is because they had the opportunity to live the gospel and to help others live it, which brings true happiness. Or better said:



Shoutout to Christmas.mormon.org. Everyone go check it out and share with everyone you know this Christmas season. 

Back to this week: Tuesday we had our All Mission Christmas conference. It was sooo good! We had the opportunity to hear so many amazing trainings and got to see all the skits the other zones made. Ours was so fun to be a part of. It was so fun to be able to see everyone from the mission!





Then on Wednesday, we had a missionary dinner that the Independence Stake put on for us. This stake is the best. It was so fun. They had a game show against our mission president and his wife and the stake president and his wife..  I think President Vest won. haha.  


 I went to the trainers meeting on Saturday morning and got to be in a companionship with Sister Helmbold! I love my mission and our mission president. I feel so honored to be able to serve in the MIM :) 

So many miracles have happened this week. Some of my favorites include:

All of Sunday, but specifically one part. We went to go contact a referral that we had set up an appointment with before church and he wasn't there, but his friend answered the door. We shared A Savior Is Born video with him and asked his thoughts on it and he went on and on about Christ and Christmas and bore his testimony to us of the Savior and then thanked us for what we do. ... this literally never happens. He then mentioned that he has met with sisters in COROZAL, BELIZE and Japan and loved how the video showed kids from around the world. (testimony to me again about the inspiration of that video. there have been countless miracles from it). and then, we asked him if he had heard of the Book of Mormon and he said yes. We asked him if he had ready any of it and he said yes! the whole thing. H then testified of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. He has read it from Lehi to Moroni and knows that it is true and everything!!! Sister Flake and I were just trying so hard to act halfway normal and contain the excitement we were feeling from this miracle. We both felt prompted to invite him to church that started in 30 minutes and before we could say anything, he said I just know that I need to go to church... WHHAATTT!!! So we invited him to church and he said he would come! crazy miracle.   This is seriously the Lord's work.  Something that we have been trying to do in our companionship is follow promptings from the Spirit more, even if they are the tiniest promptings. We have seen so many miracles from that. 

This Sunday was amazing. Such a bittersweet time as it was probably my last Sunday in the Independence 4th ward but my testimony was strengthened so much of the fact that the Lord knows us. He knows you and He knows me. He cares about us and loves us. He is ever so involved in the details of our lives. I have come to know that even more as each day goes by. Fast and Testimony meeting was amazing. The Spirit was so strong and then, we taught Gospel Principles and Kyle seriously just made my day with his comments as we were teaching. We had a little heart to heart with him after class. He is amazing. I hope to be able to learn from the Spirit as well as he does someday. He is so incredible. I am going to miss him. Him with his Pristhood ordination certificate :)



We snuck into Young Womens for the rest of the third hour and they were teaching one of my favorite lessons. Spiritual gifts. I loved this scripture: Doctrine and Covenants 46:8 "Seek ye earnestly the best gifts, always remembering for what they are given"
It is always such a great reminder, especially during this Christmas season, that the best gifts in this life come from God and to focus on those. I am most grateful this year for the gift of Faith. My faith is something so sacred and dear to me and I am eternally grateful to have been given this gospel in my life and for the opportunity I have now to share that with others. 

I love you all so much. I am so grateful for my Savior, especially during this time of year. Take moments to remember Him during this busy time of year. He is the reason we celebrate and the reason we are able to have so much joy in our lives. I can testify to all of you that the joy THIS gospel brings into people's lives in uncomparable to anything of the world. 

I love you and pray about you constantly 

Sister Morgan

0 comments:

Post a Comment