Thursday, January 7, 2016

Re: 7 baptismal dates for the last 7 days ;)





Sister Morgan

> On Jan 7, 2016, at 1:09 PM, Cydne Morgan <cydne.morgan@myldsmail.net> wrote:
>
> Hey family!
>
> What a wonderful week in the MIM!
>
> This week has actually been full of ups and downs but if you've been
> on a mission, you are well aware that "the heights of the high
> outweigh the lengths of the lows" (to quote my first district leader
> haha). I want to thank you all for the prayers and the sweet little
> emails I get from you all on occasion. They make my day.
>
> So some of the highs from this week:
>
> WE HAVE 7 PEOPLE ON BAPTISMAL DATE!! Sooo crazy! We had a full pros
> day on Saturday and we put them all on date that day. It was so
> amazing. One of them is this cute family:
>
>
> This is Atong and her cute kids. (She also has an ADORABLE 2 month old baby ☺️) we took them to a baptism last week and gave them a church tour and before the baptism even started, the oldest daughter said, "I want to be baptized!" It was so adorable. Her and her two oldest daughters are getting baptized on February 6th! We had a lesson with them yesterday at the Visitors Center. It was so amazing. The humble testimony she bore of the Book of Mormon was so powerful. She simply and so sincerely said and told of her experiences how the every time she reads the Book of Mormon, any feelings of anger, annoyance, and frustration somehow go away and she always feels peace when she reads it. I know that is the power that the Book of Mormon has. It is true. I know that no other power or force can replicate peace. Peace comes from the Spirit to testify to us that what we are doing is right. That is the feeling that the Book of Mormon brings into our lives. It is so important.
>
> A scripture that I've been thinking a lot about this week is Doctrine & Covenants 53:2. It says, "Behold, I, the Lord, who was crucified for the sins of the world, give unto you a commandment that you shall forsake the world." That has just been sticking out to me so much lately. Our Savior, Jesus Christ, walked this very earth and suffered temptation, pain, and suffering of every kind for us and all He asks of us is to simply forget the world, forget our worldly desires that distract us from the true meaning of this life, love Him, and follow Him. I am working on recognizing the things that I need to forsake in my life and remember my Savior more in my life. I know that He lives and He is the reason why we are able to have eternal happiness.
>
> Today we went to the temple in Kansas City for Pday. It is so gorgeous. I love the feeling of peace that is in the temple, it feels like going home every time I walk in those doors, no matter what state, city, or country I am in. I am so grateful for temples where we get to make sacred covenants with the Lord, where couples can be sealed for eternity, and where those who have passed on can receive saving ordinances as well. I LOVE the temple. It truly is the Lord's house, there is no other place in the world like temples :)
>
> <image1.JPG>
> <image2.JPG>
>
>
> Funny story for y'all this week is when we go to try to talk to people on their porch and they are pretty much forced into talking with us out of pity because we pretty much slip and almost kill ourselves 5 to 10 times trying to walk on their icy driveways. It is always hilarious.. and very scary. haha. Definitely not used to the ice storms here yet, but with time :) ha
>
> I love you all so much and I hope everyone is getting used to being back in the routine of school and work already. As for me, I love missionary work (still) and love getting to see all the miracles that are involved in the Lord's work. I know this gospel is true and I know that it works. I love it with all my heart.
>
>
> Love. Sister Morgan
Also, look at this ADORABLE picture that Atong sent us the night after
we dropped off her Arabic Book of Mormon to her ☺️❤️

0 comments:

Post a Comment