Sunday, February 22, 2015

Acceptance Letter

Dear Brethren
I accept my call to serve in the Missouri Independence Mission reporting June 3, 2015 to the Provo MTC.
I am so excited to serve in this mission and know that this is exactly where I am supposed to be. I believe very strongly that everyone is called to their mission for a reason and that the whole process is inspired. I had faith that I would be called to where was best for me but it wasn't until I opened my call that I really believed that to be true for me.
Three and a half years ago, I went on a church history trip that went to all the church history sites from Utah to New York. We visited so many of the visitors' centers along the way and I owe most of my testimony to those sites and the powerful testimonies of the sister missionaries that served at those sites. I have went back and looked at journal entries that I had written during this time and my life and it has been so exciting and fun for me to see how the spirit I felt at the church history sites, specifically the ones in Missouri, really shaped my testimony and really shaped who I am today. Throughout the past couple of weeks, I have really been able to recognize the hand of the Lord in my life so greatly and a large part of that is with my mission call. I know that this call was inspired and I cannot think of any other place in the world that would fit me better. He cares about each and every one of us and really is involved in all the details of our lives. It amazes me everyday. I can't wait to share what I know to others and to help them find the joy that I have found in this gospel. Everything about life becomes beautiful, even the hard times and trials. Being able to have an eternal perspective about everything is such a blessing to me.
I love learning more about Church History and have a strong testimony that Joseph Smith is without a doubt a prophet of the Lord that was prepared to restore His true gospel on the Earth today. I look up to him and all the Saints of this time and the sacrifices they made in order to follow Christ. They knew that the gospel was true.
I am looking forward to serving the people in Missouri and especially to serve in the Visitors' Center. I can't wait to meet the members of the areas I will work in and help, care, and love them. I am excited to serve the Lord. I know without a shadow of a doubt that this is for sure what I am supposed to be doing in my life. I look forward to see what is in store for me.

Sister Cydne Morgan

0 comments:

Post a Comment