Monday, July 25, 2016

Elder Anderson visit!!





Again, I just LOVE the spirit in the jail. Each time I am in the rotunda, my testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith and this restored gospel is strengthened so much. I know that he was a prophet and restored the church of Jesus Christ through priesthood keys that were given to him from 3 of Christ's original apostles. This gospel is true and it is how we obtain happiness in this life. I love you all so much, I hope that each of you are able to take a moment and ponder the blessings that this gospel has brought in your life thus far and the future blessings that it will bring into your life as you stay faithful to it.

Sister Morgan


Other pictures:
Being in a trio is seriously a party everyday. It is soooo fun!! We are always just laughing and joking around with each other. We are SOOO SAD to say goodbye to Sister Montgomery this week! We are seriously soul sisters!



selfie with my new district


Hello everyone!

This week we saw so many miracles!!!

On Monday, Elder Neil L. Anderson came to speak to us like I mentioned
last week. His sweet wife came with him as well and it was just all
around incredible. We got to shake his hand in the beginning. The
Spirit was so strong throughout the whole meeting. He talked to us
about the importance of setting goals and using our faith in Jesus
Christ to accomplish those goals. He was also talking to us about the
importance of this place that we serve and he said that even as
leaders of the Church, they do not talk about the importance of this
place enough. They downplay it for sure because of how sacred of an
area it is. Again, I feel so blessed to be able to serve here! My
companions and I were talking this morning about how much mission
pride we have. oops. This seriously is the best mission in the world.

After the conference, my companions and I had an added desire to truly
see miracles in our area as that is what a big focus of the meeting
was. So we decided to fast to find a new person to teach who we could
baptize on August 27. So, we finish our fast Wednesday night and we
are out knocking a few doors in our area but nobody was really
interested and we had to head to another appt. So as we are walking to
our car, this man opens up hisdoor and says, "did you all knock on my
door?" We hadn't. We told him this and all three of us of course start
bee-lining it to his door to start talking with him and he actually
grew up in NY, very close to Palmyra, so he had heard about Joseph
Smith when he was young and said he would be interested in having a
"refresher course" because his aunt and uncle used to have the
missionaries in their home when he was very young. We set up a lesson
for the next day where we taught the Restoration to him. The Spirit
was sooo strong and he committed to be baptized on AUGUST 27! This
truly is Heavenly Father's work because there is no way that could
have happened without His help. Something that Sister Anderson said
while she was here that motivated us to get to this point was when she
was testifying of the prophet and apostles and the blessings we
recieve from exact obedience. She said, "If we follow the counsel of
God's prophets with exactness and specificness, then God's blessings
will pour out upon us in a way that we cannot imagine. I know that as
sure as I know that I am." The Spirit was so strong. The specific
counsel that Elder Anderson gave us included setting a very specific
baptism goal for each month, so we are currently ACTING IN FAITH as
this ward hasn't had a baptism in over 2 years, but miracles are
underway!

Elder and Sister Anderson were planning on coming to the jail early
Wednesday morning and Sister Montgomery and I were going to be able to
take them on a tour!!! We were so pumped and way nervous, but they got
stuck up at Adam-Ondi-Ahman for business, but it would have been so
cool! Pray for another apostle to come visit the jail for me... k? :)

The other day, I had to go to the urgent care because spiders in
Missouri are terrible and I got a bite on my chest that got very big,
we call it my Ironman scar :)

Tuesday night I got a special surprise when the KC1st sisters came
through the jail with Connie AND Liz!!! It was the best ever. I got to
take them all on a presentation and Liz snuck a picture of me during
the presentation. haha. I was completely stuttering through this part
because I thought she was videoing and got suuuppper nervous, but
enjoy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment