Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Transfer week! ... not a newbie anymore I guess

Hello!!!!

I just got back from the temple this morning. I LOVE the temple. I have missed going so frequently so much! The Phillips, one of the senior couples that serves at the VC with us, took us. They're my favorite :)



Our last PDAY together :(



Wow, this week... I know for sure that I will not be able to say everything that I want to about this week. It was.. Crazy. Haha. Perhaps one of my favorite weeks on the mission. I think the reason why is because I learned so much. I went on exchanges in Kearney, MO on Wednesday with Sister Prior, our sister training leader. It was soo good. She is amazing. I learned so much from her. I think the main thing that stuck with me from the exchange is something that she has learned on her mission. She said, "we are all given the same amount of time out here on a mission". She was saying how we all have the opportunity to choose how we use that time. And how we want to serve the Lord... It pretty much comes down to consecration, which has been one of my goals and one of the things I have been trying to work on my whole mission. And not only for my mission, but for my life. I want to live a consecrated life. In essence, prioritizing what is really important. For me, I want to make a better effort at making sure my Savior comes first. Always. And that me and my family always stay close with each other. What is it for you? I love that we can apply what Sister Prior says all the time. We are each given this day. It is up to us how we choose to live it. I love the scripture that says, "Choose ye this day whom he will serve"

The Willis House sisters: ❤️ I have grown to love these sisters sooo much this past transfer. 


We threw a short little party for Sister Hafoka on Saturday for her birthday :) cookie logs are a must now #success



Celebration worthy news:  Kyle is getting baptized on Saturday! We met with him multiple times this week, but Thursday was the day he committed again to be baptized. The Spirit is amazing, that is the only way missionary work works. Because, let me tell ya, we are not perfect teachers. At all. Haha. I can't even describe to you how happy and excited I am for Kyle to enter the waters of baptism this Saturday. He is amazing. I learn so much from him every single day. He has such great determination to follow Jesus Christ even though his family isn't exactly supportive. I told him the story of my mom being the only one join the church in her family and how much her joining the church has blessed my life. He is excited to be that example for his family :)

THEN, on Friday, for Friday Morning Training Meeting (FMTM) we did the Mormon Walking Trail around Independence Square with all the sisters. It was so fun



Hahaha, this is the temple lot across the street, where we started the walking trail at. This group meets there every single morning from like 5:30am to like 10am to pray for the second coming. #dedication 



Transfers are on Thursday this week! So crazy to think that I've already been out in the field for 3 months! I'm no longer a newbie! I'm going to be training a new missionary this next transfer which is #crazy. I got the call from the AP's on Friday and wow. I'm so nervous. I don't know a thing about missionary work it feels like. Haha but I am very excited for it. We'll find out tonight where/if we get transferred. Everyone is so nervous for this transfer. No one in the Willis wants to leave!
On Saturday, I went to the trainers meeting at President's house. It was so good. There are only two new sisters coming in is transfer and a TON of elders. This will be the last of the "big" transfers for a while. 

Little update with the companionship ;) we are making every moment count for the rest of this transfer...

Oh.. And... We have got out Russian accents perfected .. Hahaha I wish the video we recorded would fit in an email. It's hilarious. 

Hmm.. This week, I have become more and more grateful for the priesthood. I am so grateful for all the blessings that come from it. I'm so glad that it has been restored on the earth today and that we have the opportunity to make sacred covenants with the Lord, like baptism, through that restored priesthood. 

I love you all so much. Don't forget that and more importantly, don't ever forget that your Father in Heaven loves you. As I was in the temple this morning, that is the only thing that I could think of. I can't comprehend fully the love that He has for us, but it is amazing to feel it. It's almost unearthly. He is real and He has provided a plan and way for every single one of us to return to live with Him. That right there, shows the love that He has for us. He was willing to send His Son, Jesus Christ, to suffer the pains of the world for our sins, for us to be clean. 

Love, 
Sister Morgan

0 comments:

Post a Comment