Monday, November 16, 2015

It's a byu miracle!

Hello everyone!

I hope everyone has had a fabulous week. This week has been great! We have seen soo many miracles.  I'll share two short stories with you all today.

But first, let us send a selfie.. Weekly party at the library to email :)



1. On Friday, this family that we have been teaching that is one of my favorites (the little boy who called me Rapunzel and Sister Flake Belle #precious) moved out of our ward boundaries and into 3rd ward boundaries  (Sister Baggett and Sister Helmbold.. yes those details matter). We couldn't get in contact with them all week to schedule a time for us to come help them move until literally an hour before. The other sisters were amazing by getting 8 members to come out with them to help them move earlier in the week and we were stressing because we couldn't get in contact with them all week and then everything pulled through! So that in and of itself was a miracle. We were praying soo hard that everything would work out. So we help them move on Friday afternoonand they were just like.. "What is happening? Where did these 10 random people come from?" haha, we forget that outside of the Mormon community, that's... not normal. ha. Anyways, that evening we get a text from our investigator Dawn saying "Thanks so much for helping my family!! It means so much to me!!"   Back story on Dawn.. She came into the VC 4 months ago and Sister BAGGETT taught her the first lesson and committed her to be baptized and she accepted! She lives in our area but then started a job as a truck driver.. so haven't been able to stay in contact with her until Friday night. We got that text and were like.. What in the world? We asked her if that lady was her daughter and she said Yes! You didn't know that?.. haha, umm NO!!! so yeah, crazy miracle. What are the odds of that happening.   It was funny because we had asked that lady if she had heard of the Book of Mormon before and she said that her mom has started reading it and we were like, oh cool! (assuming her mom was RLDS or something) and never thought anything else about it.  
Such a testimony to me that this is the Lord's work. He is involved in every single detail of this work and we, as missionaries and members, just simply are privileged enough to be a part of this. We have such a great calling in these last days everyone! We get to be an instrument in the Lord's hands and help Him in the most important work of eternity.  Elder Holland says it perfectly, "Ours is not a feeble message. It is not a fleeting task. It is not hapless; it is not hopeless; it is not to be consigned to the ash heap of history. It is the work of the Almighty God, and it is to change the world." So, what are we going to do? For me, I am going to always serve Him. I am going to always strive to become more like my Savior Jesus Christ. I am going to smile more. I am going pray more sincerely. I am going to repent of all my shortcomings and ask for strength in order to overcome them tomorrow and the next day. I am never going to let a day go by where I don't think of my Savior and all that He did and does for me. I am going to be a disciple.

Miracle break... Playing in the leaves in between longest Spanish presentation ever at the VC :) it was two hours. My mind wanted to explode at the end. Ha




2. Last night we had a lesson with Paulina (the sweet girl we had a lesson with last Sunday) at the Visitors Center that was AWESOME!! We taught the Restoration and showed her the short Restoration movie. The spirt was soo powerful. She wants to change her life and find more meaning to it.. umm.. perfect because those are the exact things we promise to everyone that this message of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ can do for them. We invited her to be baptized and she said, "Yes! What do I need to do?"  I wish you all could feel for a moment what Sister Flake and I were feeling at that moment. haha. so. much. joy. pure joy. We are so excited for her. I cannot wait to see how she enjoys this gospel because it truly is amazing. I love it. She has planned to be baptized on December 5th! Less than three weeks away! So we have a lot of planning to do, but we cannot wait. Keep her in your prayers. 
And wow, the Restoration movie. Sooo powerful. I am so blessed to be apart of this gospel and have this knowledge of the restoration. I cannot imagine my life without this knowledge. 




the rest of this week... BYU weekend!! BYU played Missouri on Saturday so literally everyone and their mom was in Independence touring Church History Sites. On Saturday, there were over 1300 people that came into the VC! Which is madness. The highest day in the summer for us was 700 people in one day. All last week, we had an average of 100 people, so Friday and Saturday was like complete craziness for all of us, but I loved it sooo much!!  Also, my sweet friend, Tara, was there!!! It was soo good to see her! She seriously changed my life way back when. We took a picture but I don't have it rn, so I'll send it next week :)  Here's a pic of the tailgate party at the stake center next to the VC... only made me miss BYU slightly... he he. 
 


Till next week!!! I love you all so much!!! Don't forget to pray and read your scriptures!! Can't wait to hear how your week went! 


Sister Morgan

0 comments:

Post a Comment