Monday, November 30, 2015

merry december.

Merry December everyone!!!

well almost. haha.

This week was so amazing. Lots of stories but I'll just give you a few highlights:

Tuesday we went down to a hospital to visit a girl that we have started teaching. Her name is Samantha. We took another sister from the VC with us, Sister Krause. Short side note about Sister Krause... She is a miracle. She is finishing her mission next week, but there is a video on YouTube about her story. Look up, "Kilee Krause's Journey to an LDS Mission" and watch it.  She was in a severe car accident and wasn't supposed to live. She was put into a coma and as she was sitting in the car waiting for the ambulance to come, she prayed to Heavenly Father and told Him that if He would let her live, she would serve a mission. She was able to fully recover from severe brain damage, multiple cracked bones and, despite what doctors told her, serve a full time 18 month mission. Miracle. Anyways, this girl in the hospital, had almost an identical experience. Sister Krause and he were able to relate so well with each other. It was so amazing to be able to see. Such an incredible moment for us and her family. Her mom got baptized around 5 years ago :)


And then, THANKSGIVING!!  Thanksgiving was sooo good. We went and ate breakfast chocolate pie with some other sisters and made the cute little gingerbread turkey my sweet mom sent us. And then, we went out be to go make some visits. One of recent converts called us and told us her husband got taken to the ICU and her daughter wanted to talk to us. So we were able to go over there and say a prayer with them and comfort her and her daughter for a bit. I am truly so grateful for my family. We had dinner with the Banks family. They are the family that had me over for my birthday and surprised me with cheesecake. They are amazing. 





I think one of my favorite things Bout being on my mission is really getting to know who I want to be and what I want my future family to be like. After lunch, we went to the VC for shift :) the VC is seriously gorgeous. 



Saturday, there was a lighting ceremony at the Visitors Center in the evening. It is getting so cold here! This weekend there was an ice storm and it has been raining so hard since then.  Also, the VC got a makeover with the A Savior is born campaign!! I'll talk more about that in a bit. 



Sunday was of course my favorite day because of church. I LOVE THE SABBATH. I love being able to recommit myself to following the Savior. 

And the other exciting event that happened on Sunday..



This came out. You HAVE TO go check out christmas.mormon.org right now and watch the TWO videos the church put out. They are sooo amazing. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ and all that he does for us. I love the video on that website "A World Without a Savior". I cannot imagine my life without a Savior and everything that is made possible because of His Atonement. I am grateful to be a part of His gospel and His true church. 

I know that He lives and that He loves us. I LOVE this Christmas season that we all have to really remember the birth of Jesus Christ.  Also, don't forget to check out the 12 days of social on that same website that start tomorrow!!! ( to the Morgan sisters... Bored shorts has one :)

I love you all so much! Sorry I don't have much more time to write! 

Oh but real fast... Our adventure PDAY .. We went to downtown Kansas City to walk around and shop at the Plaza! It is so gorgeous down there! 



Sister Morgan

0 comments:

Post a Comment