Monday, November 9, 2015

tender mercies & the sabbath day

Hello friends and family,

I love you all so much.  I hope this Monday morning has been amazing already for each and every one of you. I am so grateful for all of you. 

This week, has been crazy. Some lows and some highs. but hey, that's life. and wow am I grateful for the lows. That is when we are tested and that is when we grow.  If our lives were perfect all the time, we would not need to be here. there would be nothing for us to learn. there would be no choices for us to make. those choices, that agency is sooo important.  As for me, I choose to be happy. I choose to be positive, I choose to see the good in every situation (or at least try to haha).  What a difference these simple choices of attitude can make. I hope that each of you this week will make a choice for this week that is personal to you. A goal to improve and to PROGRESS!!  As this sweet old man in our ward always says when we see him, "if you aren't progressing you're in a rut! You know what a rut is? It's a grave! With it's ends kicked out! Have you ever been in a rut? I have.... (then he goes on to tell the exact same story of how he was in a rut 5 years ago when he was driving in his car)"   I can't tell you how many times I have heard him say this story to me .. maybe 30? haha, but wow am I grateful for the principle that it teaches me everytime. Our job here on this earth is to progress, to do exactly what this sweet old man warns us of.. to not be in a rut.  Choose to progress this day. Set a specific goal for something you can do this week.  Some ideas: to read your scriptures for 30 seconds more than you are now (even if that means you are only reading for 30 seconds a day.. it's worth it), compliment one person a day, say thank you more, remember your morning and evening prayers, go to sacrament meeting more prepared spiritually this week, etc., etc.

so, now onto the tender mercies...
as I mentioned above, there were lows this week. Appointments fell through, our investigators won't keep their commitments, so much more. We have been trying so hard to work harder. Try harder to help our members in their missionary efforts more. soo many other things.  
up until this sunday.. :)   I seriously may just write only about this Sunday this week. It was soo good.  

The tender mercy, after all of our appointments canceled on Sunday evening, we went to the VC for an appointment we had with a referral we had received from a senior couple that had served here a while back. We had only met them once and based on the luck we had the past few hours, we were unsure if they would show. They did show up. These sweet two twin teenage sisters are sitting there in the vc talking with one of the other sisters when we walked in. The member that we brought (a girl who is heading out on her mission to New Zealand in January) happened to be good friends with them from High School and was pretty much the best team-up. We took them through God's Plan for His Family and sat at the Christus with them. We testified of eternal families to them and testified of our Savior and the peace that comes from living our lives in harmony with how He would have us live our lives. We invited them to learn more and they really wanted to.  This was the greatest tender mercy of the week.  I testify that our Heavenly Father loves us.  He cares about us and is with us every step of the way in this life.  He answers our prayers. I am so grateful for my Father in Heaven and so grateful to have had so many experiences in my life to witness for myself His love. I invite all of you reading this email to find and have these experiences. He will answer your prayers and He will let you know that He loves you. I can promise you that with every part of me.   I love you all so much. This gospel is true. 

The other part of Sunday.. this weekend was Stake Conference for the Independence Missouri Mission. Elder Baxter came to speak to us. He is from Scotland and the talk that he shared Sunday morning was incredible. He started by having our Stake President call out 10 people in the building to come bear their testimony for a short 2 minutes or 120 seconds if they couldn't keep it short ;) and then he got up and talked to us about the Sabbath and how the Savior SIMPLY wants us to give this one day of the week back to Him. That is all. He wants our hearts to be turned to Him. He wants us to not get distracted on just this one day. He then testified of this church and the work that we get to be apart of.  This church is amazing everyone. More importantly, this gospel is amazing. The plan that our Heavenly Father has created for us is flawless and amazing. I love it. 

I love being a missionary and getting to share this message with others. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world and as my 6 month mark is coming up, I am already getting nervous for coming home. Nothing else in this life will ever come close in value and importance as being a full time missionary for Jesus Christ. 

I love you all so much, thank you for everything you do again.   

My favorite talk of the week: "Things As They Really Are" -Elder Bednar (given at a BYU-I Devo, go check it out)

Here's a picture of a very happy 21 year old and her 30 minute crepe party from 7:15-7:45am. #missionarylife



Sister Morgan

0 comments:

Post a Comment