Monday, February 15, 2016

God is good.












Hello family!

Happy late Valentine's Day!! I had such a great Valentine's Day. I
have already expressed my love for the sabbath but this last Sunday
was so special to me. The speaker in our YSA branch spoke on charity
and it was so amazing to really take that time to ponder and feel the
love that our Savior has for us. I am always brought back to the
popular scripture in John. "For God so loved the world that He gave
His only Begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish
but have everlasting life." Doesn't that scripture say it all?! God,
our Heavenly Father, loves us so much. With a perfect love. How
grateful I am for Him and the perfect plan that He has laid out for
us. God is so good.

Anyways, my week was so good! And so busy! Sister Hixon and I went on
two almost back to back exchanges this week. I stayed in KC for both
of them and was so exhausted after them. My sweet companion has got to
be so done with packing and leaving the area so much. She's a
rockstar.

The first exchange, I was with Sister Crockett. She has been out for
14 months and is serving in Warrensburg right now. She is amazing! I
learned so much on the exchange from her. We had an awesome lesson
that night with this kid named Marteeno. He is 17 and got baptized a
couple years ago. I had never met him but he called us earlier that
day and asked us if we could meet because he had a lot of questions
about God. This kid is awesome! It helped all of us know our Father in
Heaven better. He loves us so much! Also, when we were together, we
had to take a bathroom break at a gas station. There was a Book of
Mormon in the side of the car door and when I was getting out, I just
felt prompted to bring it with me for some reason. As we were walking
out, I was praying that we would be able to talk to someone who I
could share it with, and then, we met Scott! He is the cutest old guy
ever (along with the other two adorable old men we met later in the
week. Haha. It was the week of cute old men this week!) we invited
him to read the introduction page tonight, and he thought we meant
right then so opened it up and started reading! Haha so adorable.
Sister Crockett grabbed the car keys and snuck away to the car to get
a card with our number on it. Haha, he never even noticed she left!!
Missionary work is so fun.

The next exchange I went on, I was with Sister Olesen! She is amazing
as well! She is one of the VC leaders, so it was just way fun! I felt
bad because all of our appointments fell through the that night, but
we tried about everyone and their mom who we could think of! We met
this adorable old British man whose wife is a less active member. It
was so hard to stop ourselves from speaking in a British accent when
we were talking with him. Haha. We also got proposed to by this man
out in the city. Lol. He kept asking us if we were married and we
responded with "we're missionaries!" He kept getting frustrated
because he thought we weren't understanding his question and wasn't
realizing that that was his answer. We just kept swiftly walking to
our car. Haha #KClife. We also had a lesson with sweet Hirey. She is
so amazing. Since she has been reading the Book of Mormon, she has
been experiencing so many miracles! Her memory is starting to come
back too! If you look behind us in the picture I attached, you can see
her surgery pictures. She is recovering from a brain tumor. The Book
of Mormon truly does have a power.

One last story, we called a man named Rick last week. It is someone
the elders had found before they took the elders out of our area. We
wanted to follow up with him to see if he had read any of the Book of
Mormon that we had dropped off to him. And he said he had! He said
that the more he reads, the more he thinks that it may actually be
true! We died of happiness in the car when we heard that! Yes Rick! It
is true! We invited him to come on a church tour with us on Thursday
and he said yes. We answered some of his questions about the Book of
Mormon and the church and talked to him about the Spirit and kingdoms
of glory. He is so amazing! The most prepared person I have met to
receive this gospel. That whole appointment was straight out of the
district (the missionary trading in videos FYI)! Sister Hixon and I
just walked out of the lesson in complete shock, pretty much skipping
through the halls out of the church. We couldn't believe what had just
happened. It is an absolute thrill to see the Spirit teach others the
truths of life and for them to accept it.

This work is amazing. I love it so much. I hope that you all are able
to see the happiness that this gospel can bring into the life of
everyone because it truly can change lives. It doesn't matter what
trials we go through in to life, if we rely on the Lord, all is well.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this quote from Howard W. Hunter: "If our lives and
our faith are centered on Jesus Christ and his restored gospel,
nothing can ever go permanently wrong. On the other hand, if our lives
are not centered on the Savior and his teachings, no other success can
ever be permanently right"
I know that is so true. With Christ and this gospel in our lives,
nothing can permanently go wrong in our lives.

I love you all so much! I hope you are having a great February! Can
you believe we have general conference in less than two months?!?! I
can't wait!

All my love,
Sister Morgan

Pictures include the best barbecue place in the city, Valentine's Day,
exchange with Sister Olesen and our visit with Hirey, and the MIM!! ❤️

0 comments:

Post a Comment