Monday, February 29, 2016

oh what a joyful time to serve.









Hi family!

I hope you all had an amazing week!! Kansas City definitely did! These
week has been amazing and full of miracles! I am learning so much
about faith and my Savior. I love Him.

We are starting to teach this man named Scott this week! He is
amazing. We are teaching the cutest old people ever.. And actually,
only old people. Haha, it's so fun! I met Scott on exchanges a couple
of weeks ago and we felt like we needed to call m to set up an
appointment with him. He said we could come over and we did. Those 60
minutes, I felt like I was in a dream. He was telling us of
experiences he has had in his past. He has died twice on the operating
table and he told us of his experiences. He knows that God is real and
is a loving God and that whatever is after this life is peaceful. He
told us of how every time he prays to know why he was allowed to come
back to this life, he feels as if there is a purpose for him here that
he hasn't fulfilled yet. (Cue us missionaries grinning from ear to
ear) We taught him about the Spirit World and shared with him these
scriptures in the Book of Mormon.

"11 Now, concerning the state of the soul between death and the
resurrection--Behold, it has been made known unto me by an angel, that
the spirits of all men, as soon as they are departed from this mortal
body, yea, the spirits of all men, whether they be good or evil, are
taken home to that God who gave them life.
12 And then shall it come to pass, that the spirits of those who are
righteous are received into a state of happiness, which is called
paradise, a state of rest, a state of peace, where they shall rest
from all their troubles and from all care, and sorrow." (Alma
40:11-12)

He was comforted so much to hear these truths he had felt in the past
again. I love the knowledge we have from the Book of Mormon. I know
that after this life, we truly do live again. And that we will be
perfected and have the opportunity to live with our Heavenly Father if
we choose to. The amazing thing is that we can choose that NOW! I know
that as we live the gospel of Jesus Christ with our best effort, we
will experiment a fullness of joy in the eternities. THAT is what this
life is about. That is why I am on a mission and why I choose to live
the way that I live. The eternal perspective that the gospel brings
into our lives and that we are continuing to expand is priceless to
me.

Ah!! I love this gospel!!!! My companion and I listened to a talk that
I want to invite ALL of you to read. It's called "What is the
blueprint of Christ's church" by Tadd R. Callister.
http://www.lds.org/broadcasts/article/ces-devotionals/2014/01/what-is-the-blueprint-of-christs-church?lang=eng

It is so good! I am so grateful to be apart of the Church of Jesus
Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Other highlights of the week include:

Sister Hixon and I went to a baptism for the Hill Park Ward. The
adorable family that I was teaching a couple months ago, the two girls
got baptized!!!! It was such a special day. And it was a fun reunion
to see all the members in Hill Park that we hadn't seen in a while.

We also got to go out to lunch with Sister Allan.. Or Elise.. on
Saturday! Haha. She came back to go to a sealing for a family in one
of the wards she served in. It was so fun!

Church. As always. It was branch conference for YSA, which was amazing!

Transfers are on Thursday!!! The past 6 weeks have flown by so fast!!!
Oh also! Elder Stevenson is coming to our mission in a couple weeks so
we are pumped for that!!

I just absolutely love being a missionary. It brings me the greatest
joy. Getting to proclaim the truths of Christ's gospel to others is a
miracle. I love you all so much and I hope you have a great week.
Remember that you are loved.

Sister Morgan

Pictures..
Baptism of Diyana and Ajok Maror ❤️
Lunch date!
Sunday lunches haha. (We can't eat in mission cars so this is what
happened. Haha)
My cute comp and I in front of the church building after the AMAZING
lesson we had with our investigator, Rick.

0 comments:

Post a Comment