Monday, March 14, 2016

reverent fangirling 101











Hello family and friends!

This week has been a week on my mission that I will never ever forget
for the rest of my life. And.. I may as well jump straight to the
point and full you in on the rest of my week at the end.

Saturday morning, we had the amazing privilege to hear from an Apostle
of the Lord. Elder Stevenson, from the quorum of the 12 Apostles, and
Elder Anderson, from the Seventy, came and spoke to our mission. It
was one of the best experiences I have ever been a part of.

Reverent fangirling step #1.. Get up early and go to the church
building an hour before it starts to get good seats

Step #2.. read from the Book of Mormon during that hour to spiritually
prepare for the feast you are about to have. I was reading in 3 Nephi
11 when the Savior comes to the Nephite people. These verses kept
sticking out me.

14 Arise and come forth unto me, that ye may thrust your hands into my
side, and also that ye may feel the prints of the nails in my hands
and in my feet, that ye may know that I am the God of Israel, and the
God of the whole earth, and have been slain for the sins of the world.
15 And it came to pass that the multitude went forth, and thrust their
hands into his side, and did feel the prints of the nails in his hands
and in his feet; and this they did do, going forth one by one until
they had all gone forth, and did see with their eyes and did feel with
their hands, and did know of a surety and did bear record, that it was
he, of whom it was written by the prophets, that should come.


It was 2 minutes after the meeting was supposed to start and the
chapel was full of anxious reverent missionaries waiting to be in the
presence of an Apostle. There was suddenly a peace that went
throughout the whole room. We stood up as the happiest man walked into
the room, Elder Stevenson. He was just grinning from ear to ear. Next,
he did something that truly showed who he represented.. Our Savior,
Jesus Christ. He spoke with President Vest for a bit and then
President told us that Elder Stevenson wanted to take the time to meet
every single one of us. So all 250 or so missionaries got up and got
to meet him, shake his hand, and tell him where we were from. The
Spirit was so strong everyone. As I was in the front row, watching
these short personal interviews happen, I just couldn't stop thinking
about those verses in 3 Nephi 11 that I had read a few moments before.
I couldn't help but tear up.

So step #3.. Be open and ready for the Spirit of God to fill your
heart and.. Feast.

I can't even describe to you how Saturday went except for complete
peace. Being taught from Elder Anderson and Elder Stevenson was truly
a delight.
As I listened to his testimony of the Savior, my testimony of Jesus
Christ was strengthened so much.

Honestly, I can't really put into words my thoughts and if I try, I
will just sound crazy. But, I know that Jesus Christ lives and that
the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is His kingdom on the
earth today. I know that with all my heart.

---------------

Anyways, before Saturday, we had MLC on Wednesday and then had the
opportunity to train in Lenexa, Kansas on Friday in zone training. I
LOVE MLC. so many of my prayers were answered during that training
meeting. I know that this is truly the Lord's work.

Friday night, we went to the Historic Liberty Jail with a recent
convert. I absolutely adore that place. Again, I can't describe it to
you in words. There were like a flood of memories that came to me of
when I was here 5 years ago and I was just barely beginning (it seemed
like the beginning) my testimony of this gospel.

Anyways, I love you all dearly. The work is good. God is good. And I
pray that you all are good as well. Until next week!

Sister Morgan

Pics: at the plaza to celebrate Sister Hixon's birthday, MLC crew @
President's house, Zone training with the awesome LENEXA zone!, pizza
party after the spiritual feast of all mission conference, and.... The
YSA introduced us to the new (or maybe old.. Idk) feature of face swap
on snapchat. (Snapchat is so weird these days! Ha)

0 comments:

Post a Comment