Friday, October 16, 2015

Elaine, Sacred Spots of MO, and happiness.

Hello family!!

This week has been absolutely crazy!! There have been so many things that happened! I'll try to tell about as many as I have time for.  

This morning, we got to skype with Sister Dalton for Friday morning training meeting! It was so amazing. I absolutely adore that woman. She is so Christlike and the passion she has for this gospel is contagious. She talked with us a lot about the Christlike attribute of virtue. It is so fun to hear her testimony of that attribute and how she received the inspiration to add it to the young women's theme. I loved it. 

We all wore our young woman's medallion this morning for it. Ah! She is incredible. I loved all of the things she told us. I am so grateful for this mission where we can truly be refined and polished into the person our Heavenly Father wants us to be and for the opportunity I have to strengthen my faith and testimony while I help others strengthen theirs as well.  Sister Dalton invited all of us to go and read President Nelson's talk again and really study it. I want to invite you all to read his talk again as well. Women are so important in this work, especially the women of this generation.  Some other sisters and I were talking about that yesterday as well when we all went to...

ADAM-ONDI-AHMAN!!!
:)

Words cannot describe how I feel about this mission and especially these sacred sites that are here. The VC directors, Elder and Sister Toronto took us up to Adam-Ondi-Ahman and Far West yesterday. What an incredible opportunity it was. A couple that lives up close there toured us around ALL of Adam-Ondi-Ahman for a couple of hours. The Spirit that is there is absolutely incredible.  I feel so blessed to be apart of this mission. Adam-Ondi-Ahman is where Adam and Eve went when they were cast out of the Garden of Eden and where Adam blessed his posterity before he passed away. It is ALSO where a great sacrament meeting will occur at the Second Coming of our Savior. 
Everyone, I cannot tell you clearly enough how important it is that we stay faithful during these last days. We live in a time where our faith will be tested and it is utterly important that we use all the time we have here to build up our Heavenly Father's kingdom. 

{on preacher's rock}

Lynds, told ya I'd use my fanny pack on my mission ;)

To my family: nothing else is of greater importance than this gospel. I'm realizing that more and more every single day being here but especially at Adam-Ondi-Ahman. Like Elder Uchtdorf said, "EXALTATION is our goal, discipleship is our journey." We each need to be doing our part in order to make it to the celestial kingdom together. Because I care so much about you all and love you, I'm going to preach a bit... Go to church. Stay all three hours. Partake of the sacrament worthily. Repent before you go to church. Use the atonement. Do not let a day go by when you don't think about the sacrifice that your Savior did for you. He is everything. Do not get distracted with the world, I've realized how easy it is to get distracted and it scares me. ... Ha, it makes me never want to come home.. Seriously though, do the simple and small things, they add up! I think you get the point, but please please please don't forget it. This gospel means so much to me, it is everything. 

Back to Adam-Ondi-Ahman, it was truly an incredible spiritual experience but we also had so much fun. I am so grateful to be able to serve around so many amazing sisters. They uplift me so much and I can't imagine my mission without them. 



After leaving Adam-Ondi-Ahman, I can't even describe to you the peace that we all felt. I have never in my whole life felt so peaceful. There was no possible way for Satan to enter into that sacred site and put even an ounce of doubt into anybody's thoughts. The church is true!



After Adam-Ondi-Ahman, we went it Far West! 



Ah! It was so amazing to be able to go to all these sites after 5 years. I never realized how much I truly LOVED these sites until returning. I have an undying love for .. Well, this gospel.. And these sacred sites. The church history tour forever changed me.. BECAUSE OF the Spirit there. 
My favorite district leader left today... We'll get to that later, but he always says, "people say missions change you. My mission didn't change me, the atonement of Jesus Christ changed me. The mission is simply a greenhouse to the Atonement to work" it's so true though. 


My crazy Tongan friend goes home this transfer :(


We took a tour of the Liberty Jail afterwards when we dropped the Jail sisters off. I am so grateful for Joseph Smith, the prophet of the Restoration, and his bravery and courage, and his testimony. I can testify to you all that he is a prophet of God and he restored the full gospel onto the earth today for US. 

Other crazy things that happened this week:
Some fun visitors came into the VC!

Hi dad and grandpa!!!  Sister Helmbold and I get to take them through the VC together. Sooo good to see them! :)

Our last district meeting this transfer..

This was the best district meeting I've been apart of. Elder Taylor's "Sermon on a Box" haha. I love being able to be around so many "seasoned" missionaries to learn from and be inspired by. 

We also had zone training this week ... I know... As if our week couldn't have gotten any better 


I LOVE this mission and Independence.

One last fun story for you..
Monday in our area we had the coolest experience. We met this CUTE lady walking her adorable dog. We were able to testify of the Restoration to her and really teach the whole first lesson to her on the street. Ah! I love the people here so much. Tears just started streaming down her face as I recited the first vision to her. I felt prompted to point out to her that what she was feeling fit then was the Spirit testifying to her that what we were sharing with her was truth. She told us that she was crying because we were brave girls. Haha, yep! Talking to everyone we see about religion in this world where 1. Most people don't talk to anyone they see that they don't know and 2. You definitely don't talk about religion is brave. And it is scary at times, but the overwhelming Spirit you feel while bearing testimony and testifying of Christ is worth it. That feeling is always worth all the awkward times. Haha. 

Thanks so much everyone for all that you do. I love you guys! I hope you had such a great week! I'll talk to you Thursday!!!! Crazy to think that there are only two weeks left of this transfer. 

Oh... And guess who will be studying Advertising at BYU next winter! Just barely got that email like 5 minutes ago 😍

I love you all so much!!!
Sister Morgan

0 comments:

Post a Comment